Tuesday, September 9, 2014

THE END

15 Countries. 119 Towns. 80 Skate Parks. 40 Lidls. 200 Bananas(approximately). 16000kms. 8 Mechanics. 8 Ferries.
What a ride it has been. A life changing experience. There have been so many unforgettable places, experiences and amazing people we have met along the way.  Every place was so unique and diverse from awe-inspiring monuments like the Berlin Wall, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and
of course the Eiffel Tower to the stunning beaches of Malta and Portugal and small towns in Belgium, Austria and France that really touched our hearts.  The most incredible experiences varied so much from Kings Day in Amsterdam to foraging for herbs with Matt Orlando in Copenhagen and who could forget riding Vespa’s through the Tuscan hills.
The food has been also been mind-blowing from the simple street vendors making fried bread with garlic to 3 Michelin Noma, there are so many dishes and treats that I’m sure will cameo on a menu of ours someday. I will forever be haunted with the delicious flavor of cannoli and will probably never find any to match my first experience in Lipari in the Aeolian Islands.
Of course there are a two important people in my life to thank for this trip.
Kermit. Oh Kermit. Thank you for everything. You had your moments, many many moments, but for a seventeen year old we shouldn’t have expected anything else. You kept us warm and cosy in the cold and suffocating in the hot European summer. Soon you will be leaving us for a new family but we will never forget you in all your green glory.

Secondly and of course most of all, I want to thank the man who stood by me and experienced it all with me. Six months inside a small confined space with me is a lot to ask of anyone, regardless of how much you love them, and I know we had our moments but I wouldn’t have made it without you. You held me together when things were falling apart but most of all you laughed and smiled with me through every triumph and incredible moment.  I have loved every minute of the last six months with you and would do it all over again in a heartbeat, or maybe next summer.


This may be the end of our road trip by it is by no means the end of our adventure. We are now beginning the process of settling into London for a mere three months, before embarking on our next journey to Le Grande Massif in the French Alps. We will be running a beautiful chalet in Morillon for the company Tasty Ski from December to April and I just can’t wait.
Thank you to everyone who has read the blog and followed Matt and I on our adventure, it has been great to be able to share it with you but now it is time to end. Everyone keep in touch, its only 16 983kms and 9 hours time difference.

Goodbye. Au Revior. Arrivederci. Auf Wiedersehen.  Adios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment